I think it is the one food I could eat everyday without tiring of it.
However, you can feel better about this recipe for homemade pizza.You could garnish with all veggies or use turkey pepperoni (not the real thing, but still a tasty option).
I still haven’t developed a tasty wheat crust, but if anyone else has, please share.
Pizza Sauce: (for one big pizza)
1 1/2 garlic cloves (or 3/4 tsp of minced garlic which is what I use)
1 1/2 TBS Olive Oil
14 oz can Tomato puree
1 TBS brown sugar
1/2 TBS Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp basil
1/4 crushed red pepper flakes
- In a 2 qt saucepan, saute garlic in oil.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered for 20 minutes or until desired thickness. I let sauce simmer while I make dough.
Pizza Dough (one medium crust or two thin crust)
1 cup warm water
1 TBS yeast
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups flour
- In a small mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Let rest five minutes.
- Mix salt and flour together
- Add oil to yeast
- Add dry ingredients.
- Gently knead dough with a little extra flour until it is smooth.
- Let rest five minutes, covered.
- Roll dough out and place onto oiled baking sheet or pizza pan. Press to create crust.
- Can brush with extra olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt if desired.